cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop the syncing?

How to stop the syncing?

Chris201
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Community,

I registered at Dropbox to get a few files from my smartphone over to my pc, but suddenly ALMOST ALL my data is on my dropbox so it says it's full even though I only added a few files (maybe half 1 GB), this is because I clicked on syncing and now everything on my pc is now filling my dropbbox, how can I get out of this situation without losign any files? How can I remove the files form the dropbox without deleting anything?

7 Replies 7

Re: How to stop the syncing?

Rich
Super User II

@Chris201 wrote:

... suddenly ALMOST ALL my data is on my dropbox so it says it's full even though I only added a few files (maybe half 1 GB), this is because I clicked on syncing and now everything on my pc is now filling my dropbbox ...

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

Chris201
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks. and how do I delete the files from the dropbox without deleting them form my pc?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Chris201,

Take a look here. 😉

Hope this helps.

Chris201
Explorer | Level 4

But it seems all my files are now at a different place :(. When I save something, it doesn't go to documents, but it goes to a different file.  My normal documents are now under the path "Dropbox / My Pc".  
Why?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Did you turn your Backup off, as mentioned in the referred post by the link? 🤔 Seems not. Do it!

Chris201
Explorer | Level 4

Where? I already deinstalled the app and when I reinstall it, it says there's already a dropbox there. It's all such a mess.

Chris201
Explorer | Level 4

If I install it again, it wants to syncroronize everything again. I want to get rid of that dreadful dropbox once and for all before it destroys even more of my computer and have my normal computer back the way it was

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris201 Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?