Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a Chromebook like a mobile phone to download files for offline use?

DebraJ180 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Greetings,

How can i setup my Chromebook to work like my cellphone with dropbox? 

I don't want to sync my whole dropbox with my Chromebook.  I want to be able to identify specific folders that I want to view all files in the folder when I am offline? 

Thanks for any tips or tricks to be able to set this up correctly.

1 Reply 1

Re: How to use a Chromebook like a mobile phone to download files for offline use?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @DebraJ180 - how are you today?

As far as I know, Chromebooks run Chrome OS which is an operating system designed by Google that is based on the Linux kernel and uses the Google Chrome web browser as its principal user interface. As a result, Chrome OS primarily supports web applications so I guess your best bet would be to use our website to access (and download) your files when/if needed.  

Moreover, based on the above information, the operating system running on your device may not meet the minimum requirements to install the latest version of the Dropbox mobile application. Please review the following help center article for the requirements:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

In order to install the latest version of the Dropbox mobile application, you'll have to download it on a supported environment. 

Finally, I wanted to thank you for this feedback Debra. We are always looking for user input when creating the next version of the Dropbox app; therefore, I will make sure your comments are passed along to our dev team for their consideration. 

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with from my end. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?