cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I-Pad/DropBox/Adobe not Connecting

I-Pad/DropBox/Adobe not Connecting

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi DropBox Community,

Here's what's going on...

I have an i-Pad running on iOS 13.1. When I try to open .pdf files in DropBox with Adobe, i.e "Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader," I keep getting a notification from DropBox that Adobe would like to access files, etc., and then I always "Allow" it, but then DropBox gives me the error message "Unable to Connect..." (even though I'm connected). It's as if they are not communicating/recognizing each other now. It used to work just fine up until a few months ago. 

Has anyone else had this issue, and, if so, how did you fix it? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Kp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

In the Adobe app, tap Files at the bottom. At the top left you'll see Locations. Tap that and you'll see an option for Dropbox. Tap it to sign in. If you're already signed in, swipe left on Dropbox and you'll see an option to sign out.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's working fine for me. Have you restarted the iPad yet? Removed and reinstalled both Dropbox and Adobe Reader?

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Rich, sure did, but it didn't seem to work. I took a video of it and happy to share it with you. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I just updated my iPad to the latest iOS (13.1.3) and saw the same problem. Linking Adode Reader to my Dropbox account first, from within the Adobe app, resolved the issue. Try that. If it's already connected, signout of Dropbox from within the Adobe app, then reconnect the apps.

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Rich, can you share with me how I would link it through the Adobe App.? I'm in settings, but can seem to find where to do it. Thanks again for all the help and hope you have a nice evening. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

In the Adobe app, tap Files at the bottom. At the top left you'll see Locations. Tap that and you'll see an option for Dropbox. Tap it to sign in. If you're already signed in, swipe left on Dropbox and you'll see an option to sign out.

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

That's the key, thanks Rich! 

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm afraid that this didn't work for me. The link between dropbox and adobe reader regularly drops for me (almost daily). I have tried all your advice, such as signing into dropbox on the adobe first, before opening dropbox. Even gone as far as removing dropbox and adobe apps and reinstalling, clearing caches etc - to no avail! 

I am reading through multiple 300 page PDF docs for work. I rely on adobe reader because when I open the PDF it is on the last page read. When the connection between dropbox and adobe is disrupted, the PDFs have to be re-established on adobe and my reading progress is lost. 

It seems that if there is an internet connection issue, or the PDF is large, that adobe thinks "this job can't be done" and its error response is to discconect the dropbox connection. 

Sadly there is no other PDF view/edit app linked to Ipad Dropbox app, which is disappointing. I have always tried to avoid adobe where possible. I have also tried to contact adobe for support with this issue, but it is limited to paying customers (£10 a month - no thanks). They kept passing me between support and sales teams - awful. 

My Versions (latest as of 14th Nov 19):

- Ipad OS 13.2.2

- Dropbox 166.2.8

- Adobe Acrobat Reader 19.10.02 (20191023.165859)

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Olbliss, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, but I'll just need a bit more info. For example:

• Could you send me a screenshot (without personal info) of the error message?
  • Have you by any chance tried connecting to a different WiFi network as well?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@Lusil wrote:

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, but I'll just need a bit more info. For example:

• Could you send me a screenshot (without personal info) of the error message?
  • Have you by any chance tried connecting to a different WiFi network as well?

Please find screenshots attached, the first opening from dropbox and the second the screen that dropbox takes me to. 

- I have tried different WIFIs, same problem

- It seems to be the connection between Adobe and Dropbox, but not sure which app is breaking the connection

- As solutions have been given above, I have attempted to sign into adobe first. This hasn't helped. I have endlessly reinstalled both apps, signed out, then re-signed back in, cleared caches etc etc. 

My Versions:

Ipad OS 13.2.2 / Dropbox 166.2.8 / Adobe Acrobat Reader 19.10.02 (20191023.165859)

4B8BB90C-1AB3-4702-A100-69FF8F02D249.png

23A23662-D3D4-4573-A4C9-EE6AC6F52678.jpeg

Need more support?