cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I-Pad/DropBox/Adobe not Connecting

I-Pad/DropBox/Adobe not Connecting

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi DropBox Community,

Here's what's going on...

I have an i-Pad running on iOS 13.1. When I try to open .pdf files in DropBox with Adobe, i.e "Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader," I keep getting a notification from DropBox that Adobe would like to access files, etc., and then I always "Allow" it, but then DropBox gives me the error message "Unable to Connect..." (even though I'm connected). It's as if they are not communicating/recognizing each other now. It used to work just fine up until a few months ago. 

Has anyone else had this issue, and, if so, how did you fix it? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Kp

21 Replies 21

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me with the screenshots, @Olbliss

Hmm. :thinking: Could you try disconnecting the relevant third party app from your account's settings online and then try again? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@Lusil wrote:

Hmm. :thinking: Could you try disconnecting the relevant third party app from your account's settings online and then try again? Maybe that will do the trick. 

I have just tried the above and given it a good testing. Sadly, the same problem persists. 

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

For the benefit of others with the same problem: Today I have tried a different solution. I now use GoodReader app, which syncs with Dropbox. Ideally there would be a PDF reader service I could use straight from dropbox to read large PDFs (with the function to edit and save reading position/progress) but sadly not. For the benefit of others with this same problem, try GoodReader app, it's not free, but it's doing the job. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Olbliss, sorry for the late reply. 

I'm glad to hear that you found a workaround to this, but if you're still having trouble, it might be worth contacting Adobe directly in case they have more info. 

Let me know of any updates and, in the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Adnanozsoy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Removing the spaces and any unordinary characters from path solved my problem. Thanjs a lot

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Rich, 

Hope all is well for you. 

The connectivity issue has started up again and now it shows unable to connect even with our work-around. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks for all the help. 

-Kevin

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @kpatrick, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this again. 

Have you tried signing out of Dropbox from the Adobe app, and then reconnecting the apps once again? Maybe toggling it will do the trick. 

Let us know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

kpatrick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, 

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it, but am having the same issues with it. 

Hope all is well for you. 

Kindly yours, 

-Kevin

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply, @kpatrick

You could also try toggling the connection between the Dropbox mobile app and your iOS's File app in case that does the trick. 

If it doesn't though, I'd recommend getting in touch with Adobe as they may have more info on the matter. 

In any case, keep me in the loop - thanks! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

tllsyd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Worked for me. Many thanks.

Need more support?