cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally have 2 accounts and can't sign out of one account on the desktop app. What can I do?

I accidentally have 2 accounts and can't sign out of one account on the desktop app. What can I do?

New member | Level 2

Hi

I just got a new Mac and have migrated my DropBox app succesfully. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see my files. Finally I realised i have two accounts (one empty and one full of my stuff) . So I figured I just needed to quit from the empty account. But despite quitting the app, reinstalling it (twice) it is still defaulting to my empty account with no option to soign out and sign ina gain with my actual account. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I accidentally have 2 accounts

Dropboxer

Hello @JeanRose49, thanks for reaching out to the Community here!

You'll need to unlink your account from the desktop app, which you can do with the steps outlined here.

Please just make sure that you're signed into the empty account online so that you can see the option to unlink the device.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hello @JeanRose49, thanks for reaching out to the Community here!

You'll need to unlink your account from the desktop app, which you can do with the steps outlined here.

Please just make sure that you're signed into the empty account online so that you can see the option to unlink the device.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thank you for your help - worked!!

Dropboxer

I'm very glad to hear that @JeanRose49!

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?