cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a new hard drive and need help setting up my Dropbox Folder. Any ideas?

I am getting a new hard drive and need help setting up my Dropbox Folder. Any ideas?

John P.72
New member | Level 1

I am upgrading the hard disk at home and work to a bigger size. Can I simply copy all the files and folders on the old hard disk which were in the dropbox folder to the new hard disk then link to that folder when I add the dropbix software again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: New hard Drive

Chris_J
Super User

If you saved a backup Copy of your Dropbox folder, then you need to copy them to the new Dropbox folder.  If you didn't have a backup copy then just install Dropbox client and link it to your Dropbox account.  Then the client will download all folders and files that you have

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris_J
Super User

yes, that would work well and be a lot quicker

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Kerry K.2
New member | Level 1

I am also upgrading my hard disk. How would doing what you recommend effect shared folders etc.? 

Thanks

Chris_J
Super User

It shouldn't effect it all, just make sure you link to the same Dropbox account, then all your shared folder would appear.

Mark F.47
New member | Level 1

I had to reload all soft wares on my computer. How do I reload all the files I backed up in Dropbox back to my computer?

Chris_J
Super User

If you saved a backup Copy of your Dropbox folder, then you need to copy them to the new Dropbox folder.  If you didn't have a backup copy then just install Dropbox client and link it to your Dropbox account.  Then the client will download all folders and files that you have

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
    Mark F.47 New member | Level 1
    Kerry K.2 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?