cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error 0x800b010e when installing on Windows 10 device. What can I do?

I am getting an error 0x800b010e when installing on Windows 10 device. What can I do?

David F.45
Explorer | Level 4

installing on a new win10 pro laptop receiving error message 0x800B0101W ... please help - great product installed it many times before never recieved this error ... thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: error 0x800b010e

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey David F.45

Thanks for getting back in touch with me with additional information! 

What might be of assistance if you're experiencing this error while downloading the application maybe the offline installer, found here

Otherwise, I'd have to advise you to log a ticket with us and send us over any screenshots of the error message you are seeing, as well as a description of the troubleshooting steps you've followed, in order to continue there. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I follow-up on that. 

Thank you again for your cooperation, looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey David F.45

Thanks for getting in touch on Community, I'd like to welcome you here!

Based on your description, the issue you are experiencing is an OS-specific one on your Windows device. It would be better to check with Microsoft or run a search on the Microsoft Forum with the description of the error. 

Hope this helps you resolve that soon! 

Kind regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

David F.45
Explorer | Level 4

this error is NOT related to the OS - I really need help with loading Drop box on this new win 10 pro laptop ... any suggestions would be very appreciated ... thanks 

PS I have already tried to disable all firewalls/ rebooted / tried to load drop box off line ... same error is occuring 

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey David F.45

Thanks for getting back in touch with me with additional information! 

What might be of assistance if you're experiencing this error while downloading the application maybe the offline installer, found here

Otherwise, I'd have to advise you to log a ticket with us and send us over any screenshots of the error message you are seeing, as well as a description of the troubleshooting steps you've followed, in order to continue there. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I follow-up on that. 

Thank you again for your cooperation, looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

error 0x800b010e dropbox intalation

MonicaDA
New member | Level 2

Please helpme! I'm lifting an image of my notebook (.gho) she had an old version of dropbox. There was a warning to update. I tried to update it and it looked like 0x800b010e error. I uninstalled dropbox and then tried to install it online and offline but 0x800b010e error persisted. I disabled antivirus and disabled the windows firewall I changed settings in IE from no requesting certificates Windows is fully upgraded Hardware is not the cause, I have a good computer with i7 processor I can not find the way to install dropbox on my windows 7 64-bit I need your help Thankyou

Re: error 0x800b010e dropbox intalation

MonicaDA
New member | Level 2

I need a new idea

what can i do ?

Re: error 0x800b010e dropbox intalation

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @MonicaDA

Welcome to our Community! 

I’ve moved your thread here, since you mentioned that you’ve attempted to run both the online and the offline installer without success. 

As mentioned above, to further investigate, please log a ticket with us and send us over any screenshots of the error message you are seeing, so that we continue troubleshooting with you there. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I follow-up and assign the case to a colleague. 

Thanks in advance,  
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    MonicaDA New member | Level 2
    David F.45 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?