cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having an issue with deleting a license. Can you help?

I am having an issue with deleting a license. Can you help?

Teresa P.5
New member | Level 1

My business account just renewed. Automatic billing charged me for 6 licenses but I only use 5. I cannot figure out how to delete the extra license. 

9 Replies 9

Re: Deleting License

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Teresa P.5
New member | Level 1

Support just told me I can only delete a license 60 days prior to renewal and a refund/credit is not offered. It would be great if Dropbox sent an email reminder to make changes before renewal. I hope next year i remember to sign in and delete the extra license during the 60 day window.

Dan I.1
New member | Level 1

How is it possible to reduce the number of licenses during the 30 days of my Business trial subscription, delete some of them, but keeping the minimum five.  Mistakenly I've setup my Business trial account for too many licenses (15!), and  it appears I will only need less then 10. 

On Admin page one may only ADD licenses... There is no DELETE license button. If this simple task gets too complicated I am afraid of what may happen with more complicated problems...

Paul W.40
New member | Level 1

I've got the same situation here that we need 4 users and want to remove 5 licenses.

There is no "remove button" as like other users mentioned here.

My subscription just renewed today.  Please help and thanks. 

Dan I.1
New member | Level 1

You will have to cancel the actual subscription (for let;s say 10 users) and start a new one for (minimum) five users, To be on the safe side, just leave no money on the Credit card used to pay the first subscription, as refund is (almost) impossible.

Mark
Super User II

Paul - the issue could be that the minimum licence is 5 so you cannot remove licences to take you to 4.

Maybe worth giving Dropbox a ring.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rich2323
Explorer | Level 4

I just spent 30 minutes go over this exact issue with support and basically they said they could not do it? I have 38 license and accidently added a 39th. I just need to delete the extra one, and they can’t do it.  I can’t even follow their instruction that gave me because I am not up for renewal.   Why is this so complicated?

Very frustrating! 

Rich

rich2323
Explorer | Level 4

What if your not renewing?

Rich

Mark
Super User II
I'm only a Pro user I'm afraid Rich so the only people who can help are DB Support 😞

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    rich2323 Explorer | Level 4
    Dan I.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?