cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am on the basic plan. Do I have to pay a fee?

I am on the basic plan. Do I have to pay a fee?

markcomo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I just signed up for dropbox and was waiting for the prompt -

1. Click Sign Up.
  2. On the Choose Your Dropbox Plan page, decide which plan you want.

Also - Dropbox Basic account is free and includes 2 GB of space. You can download free apps to access Dropbox from your computer, phone, or tablet.

I don't need more than 2GB. I see there are account fees. I did not give any info re accounts so am I now being charged and thru' where?

Thx,

Mark,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Exactly, as long as you are in Basic plan, you do not need to pay anything. Note that you can earn more space (than initial 2 GB) by referring Dropbox to your friends, colleagues, or family members. Each time someone joins Dropbox following your invitation, and installs Dropbox in their computer, both gets 500MB of space (up to 16GB). You can also get space by completing gettings started steps, and contributing to this community. More details - https://www.dropbox.com/help/space/get-more-space.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you’re experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey Mark, If you have chosen Dropbox Basic plan, you do not need to pay for it. What do you mean by "I see there are account fees."? Have you been charged in to your credit card/bank account/Paypal by Dropbox?

markcomo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thx Elixir. Re account fees - I saw some costs for different plans I guess with different download limits. I won't be using dropbox much, just to download a couple of files every now and then. I'm assuming that when your free load limit ie 2 GB is reached, you are then asked for your credit card or direct debit details and not before.

Cheers.

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Exactly, as long as you are in Basic plan, you do not need to pay anything. Note that you can earn more space (than initial 2 GB) by referring Dropbox to your friends, colleagues, or family members. Each time someone joins Dropbox following your invitation, and installs Dropbox in their computer, both gets 500MB of space (up to 16GB). You can also get space by completing gettings started steps, and contributing to this community. More details - https://www.dropbox.com/help/space/get-more-space.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you’re experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elixir Super User
    markcomo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?