cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I broke dropbox

I broke dropbox

Profitt2
Explorer | Level 3

I don't know where to begin.   Several months ago I gave dropbox permission to backup my docs, desktop, and downloads.  The next thing I knew is my hard drive ran out of space and the notifications were dinging relentlessly and I could not continue working.  I tried many things and somehow stopped the process.  I erased some files to free up space and entered my Acronis drive to recover my important files.  Those files are on the computer but not dropbox.  

Recently, I decided to try to understand what happened and use dropbox.  I listed folders to save to cloud only.  I cannot get many of my folders to sinc now however.  I assume it is because of the drastic steps I took before.  

I need help to fix this.  If it would be easier to quit drop box and enter with a new identity, I am willing to do that, But need help.   My hard drive is now almost maxed out still, and I can't even find why it is so full.

Thanks.  

3 Replies 3

Re: I broke dropbox

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Profitt2, thanks for posting your question here! 

As a first step, can you let me know the version of the app you're using, and also the status of it? 

The version should look like this: xxx.3.xxx or xxx.4.xxx. 

Also, when you say you can't get folders to sync, do you mean you see them on the website, and not on the app? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Profitt2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori, 

I don't know where to find the version number.  

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Profitt2, happy Thursday! 

Please, locate your Dropbox icon (on the task bar, next to your WiFi). Once you do, hover your mouse there and you should see it. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Profitt2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?