cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my account on the desktop app

I can't access my account on the desktop app

rmusso7
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I used to be able to access Dropbox on my mac within the app, and save items directly to it. Somehow that got messed up today, and something I selected to fix this made it so I cannot even access the Dropbox app. Do you all have any insight to this and how to fix it? stressing me out tremendously.

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox App

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @rmusso7, let's see what we can do on this. 

When you try to launch the desktop app from your applications menu, do you get any error messages? If you do, please send me a screenshot. 

Also, are you able to access your account through the website at all?

Let me know and we'll go from there, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rmusso7
New member | Level 2

Hey, 

Thanks for responding to this! I'm not getting an error message and am able to use it over web but want to figure out how to get the view back as an app to work in. I've reinstalled but it's not letting me.

Thanks,

Roberto

Lusil
Dropboxer
If you want to access the desktop app directly, instead of going through your Finder, you can select that as an option from your preferences

You can find the relevant steps in this article (under Open the desktop app when starting your computer).

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    rmusso7 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?