cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access the desktop app cause I'm asked to "link to a Dropbox account..."

I can't access the desktop app cause I'm asked to "link to a Dropbox account..."

GimTim
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 2 days ago, I was not able to access my DB desktop app.
I switched off my antivirus and reinstall the Dropbox app, still not working.
Then I tried checking the Dropbox app “preferences” and Dropbox website “setting”, they are both ok. However, it keeps showing “Waiting to be linked to a Dropbox account....”.
I still can’t access to the Dropbox apps.
Could you kindly assist me in solving the problem!
This affects my work badly, appreciate your assistance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot access Dropbox Desktop

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back, @GimTim.

I’ve made sure to reach out to you via email to the email address associated with your Community profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @GimTim, sorry to hear about that. 

As a first step, could you please ensure that the desktop app installed is the latest stable version of the desktop app (70.4.93) and it’s running on a supported OS

If you meet this requirements, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the message you’re seeing?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GimTim
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I am having the latest version of Dropbox apps (70.4.93) and my device is running on the supported OS.

I will screenshot the message as requested.

thank you.

DB-02.jpgDB-01.jpg

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshots, @GimTim!

In general, when the content fails to display like this, it may mean that the connection to our server is being blocked or interrupted.

Should the above steps fail, could you please confirm for me if you’ve already tried reinstalling to the latest stable version using our offline installer?

If the issue persists, then please don’t hesitate to let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

GimTim
Explorer | Level 3

I already uninstalled all my security software and tried reinstalling to the latest stable version offline installer, but it still no respond.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back, @GimTim.

I’ve made sure to reach out to you via email to the email address associated with your Community profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    GimTim Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?