cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my Dropbox folder on my computer

I can't find my Dropbox folder on my computer

zakykas
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there ! I just downloaded Dropbox in my pc, but I can't find the created folder in it !!! Please help ! Thanks

8 Replies 8

Re: dropbox folder in my pc

atccodex
New Super User

Hey @zakykas,

Open up your file explorer, click on "This PC" (should be on the left hand side). Then in the search box, search for "Dropbox". See if that comes up with any results. Could take some time, but might be worth it to give it a try. You could even narrow it down by Kind (folder)

zakykas
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you my friend for your immediate response. In my initial request, I forgot to mention that I've already a Dropbox account and the new one is my wife's. What I can't locate is the folder that corresponds to the new account. Or, how cn I switch account folders.

Thanks in advance 

atccodex
New Super User

Hi @zakykas,

Unless you are a Dropbox Business account holder, that won't work. You can't have two Dropbox personal accounts on the same PC login. https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/two-accounts

There is a slight workaround described here, but it requires a separate PC login. https://www.howtogeek.com/337667/how-to-use-multiple-dropbox-accounts-on-one-pc/

Hope this helps.

Zakykas-Harry
Explorer | Level 3
Τhanks again for the immediate response !!! So, since I have only one pc, either I delete the previous account in order to see the DB folder, or i'll manage the files and folders of my wife's account only from the Dropbox page online. Am I correct ? Thanks again !!! Cheers!!! Greatings from Greece

atccodex
New Super User

Pretty much. BUT let me share with you what my wife and I do.

We have our own computers, each setup with our own DB account. Then we have a shared desktop. BUT we each have our own login to the PC. So when she wants in, she logs into her own account on the actual PC, which has her DB setup and I log into mine. It is good to have that separation. I would highly recommend doing that, just setup another PC user and you are good to go. It is good practice anyways. Does that make sense?

Zakykas-Harry
Explorer | Level 3
Yes my friend !!! It makes a lot of sense !!!If I understood well (forgive me please for my bad English...) I'll create a new "user account" (for my wife) in my pc, and then in this second user account I will log in with the new DB account, so I can see the corresponding folder . How is that ?
Again forgive me please for my bad English.
Cheers

atccodex
New Super User

Hey @Zakykas-Harry,

Yes, you are correct. That should work out for you. It is a bit of extra work, but in the end, you two can use the same computer, but have a bit of separation of what you want. That way, she can customize her user login how she wants and you can do what you want.

Glad it makes sense and your English is very good!

pattyohtable
New member | Level 2

I have the same frustrating problem. It seems so basic to me. Why can't I access my Dropbox app or folder easily?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?