cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my files anywhere. Never deleted them, no events, no deleted files.

I can't find my files anywhere. Never deleted them, no events, no deleted files.

Lasko D.
New member | Level 1

Hi everybody. I am in a big trouble, I recently bought a new computer, MacBook Pro and I installed my Dropbox there. When I installed it and everything was synced, I noticed that important files are missing.

There is no history of deleting, no shown deleted files, they are completely gone. Events page has nothing.This happened few days ago. How can I find them, I cannot seem to find any Dropbox support email. 

Please let me know if im missing something in my search process, or advise me to an email to the support team. 

Thank you in advance!

Lasko

9 Replies 9

Re: I can't find my files anywhere. Never deleted them, no events, no deleted files.

Mark
Super User II

Did they actually upload from your old machine? 

If there is no previous version, no record of upload or delete they havent. 

You need to recover them from your old machine - not Dropbox.

To log a ticket to support it is www.dropbox.com/support 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: I can't find my files anywhere. Never deleted them, no events, no deleted files.

Lasko D.
New member | Level 1

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. They are gone from the old machine as well, I cannot find them anywhere. Don't know how to recover them from the old machine. 

I tried from all my computers to log on, look for the folders but they have completely disappeared. 

daniele n.1
New member | Level 1

Hi I have some Trouble with my dropbox. No file nor directory is appearing on the web Version of the dropbox. Plus, I relaized that all the files from one directory are gone. Funny enough the subdirectories are all there! What is happening???

Courtney R.2
New member | Level 1

All my files are missing online as well. I could not upvote other comments. Has anyone received any help with this? 

Cathy C.5
New member | Level 1

I had a similar problem. Just noticed missing files in a folder I haven't touched for a couple of months, with no events indicating deletion of these (that I can find). 

I did recently move my dropbox folder on one of my systems, and I wonder if that could have caused this problem. 

catherine o.2
New member | Level 1

i can't find my files or a contact number or email for drop box help team

Margery R.
New member | Level 1

For Catherine o.,  This is the email from which I received a reply for my support request:

support@dropbox.zendesk.com

re: the missing files problem:   I recently look for some of my files on Dropbox Web and although the sub folders are there the files are gone.  Sounds exactly like the same problem some of the previous community reported.  

Also tried booting up my older original PC used to scan in my documents and the files are no longer there either.

This is a serious issue and needs to be resolve for all of us for Dropbox to be considered a viable "cloud" solution. 

I've submitted a ticket and all the I received so far was the same "unlink" the computer, then re-link to dropbox the a previous member described above.  

Nicodemas M.
New member | Level 1

Give me back my previous files on my name and email my phone was stolen

Nicodemas M.
New member | Level 1

Give me back my previous files on my name and email my phone was stolen

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nicodemas M. New member | Level 1
    Margery R. New member | Level 1
    catherine o.2 New member | Level 1
    Cathy C.5 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?