cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install Dropbox desktop on my Win 10 64

I can't install Dropbox desktop on my Win 10 64

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

I run Win 10 64 bit 1809 17763.253 - dropbox has stopped working, would not uninstall, i have deleted every trace of it and cannot install any version, online or offline, with or without antivirus.  I have much work to do through it with a colleague and cannot figure out how to overcome this issue.  Any advice?  thank you! Bogdan

27 Replies 27

Re: I can't install Dropbox desktop on my Win 10 64

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, Bogdan. 

Could you please let me know if you’re getting any error during the installation process? If so, could you please send me a screenshot (excluding any personal info) so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

It comes up as error 2.

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

and the unistall process always fails about 2/3 through the thing - Uninstall failed is the message. thank you so much!

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, Bogdan. 

In this case, I’d recommend checking out this thread and follow what @Jane outlines to resolve this.

If you’re still having trouble, let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

thank you! i have gone through this process three times and still got nowhere... that is why i decided to write to you. i have no idea how to proceed from here... 

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

tried again - found a file in appdata\roaming\dropbox\installer - i am trying to attach it here but it won;t let me...

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

it says An Unexpected Error has occurred.

Lusil
Dropboxer

No worries, @mgabc

Just to ensure troubleshooting:

@mgabc wrote:

dropbox has stopped working, would not uninstall, i have deleted every trace of it and cannot install any version

Could you please check that you've unlinked your account from the computer? Furthermore, you mention that:

@mgabc wrote:

found a file in appdata\roaming\dropbox\installer

From what I understand, what you see is also outlined in the steps outlined here. For this reason, could you please try removing the file in question and then re-installing the desktop app once again? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mgabc
Explorer | Level 4

thank you! i tried all these operations. cleaned everything up, unlinked all computers from the account, signed out online... but still the same error 2 when trying to install... not sure what  to do next...

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?