cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install the desktop app. Any clues?

I can't install the desktop app. Any clues?

Alessandro Plizzari
New member | Level 2

Hi,

What happen is that I install the dropbox and activate the sync. All files has been saved on my hard drive, filling up all space. I then unistall dropbox, but the files were still there. I then read I shall de-activate the sync to remove the files, so I attemp to install dropbox again but the installation always fail. What can I do? Thank you for your help.

1 Reply 1

Re: I can't install the desktop app. Any clues?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Alessandro Plizzari; welcome to our Community!

At first, note that what you initially describe is expected behavior since this is exactly how our desktop app works. When you install it for the first time, a Dropbox folder is created and for as long as you're running the app, any files you move or copy there will be synced to the website and across your connected devices (if any) and will take up disk space on your computer normally.

The Dropbox folder is just another folder folder on your computer (only with syncing capbility) which takes up disk space, unless you choose to use our selective sync feature or the Smart Sync feature. Both of those features are a great way to free up disk space if needed. 

Moving on to your concern, can you please let me know if you're getting any specific errors and in case you do, forward me a screenshot so I can have a visual as well?

Thanks a bunch Alessandro!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?