cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

WillC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Walter, 

I sent an email request through the help link you provided. I am not sure where people are getting ticket numbers, because I never saw one. 

I’m having the same issue as everyone else... Running MSWord 2.17 (180905) and Dropbox (112.2.2) on an iPad Air with iOS 12.1.4

Can’t open Word files using Dropbox as the source. I can open “Recent” files but not others.

reddwarf4ever
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Used to use Dropbox to save excel files on my iPad, recently uninstalled free excel and installed office 365, not sure if this is the issue, but when I tried to save to drop box it said something had been moved etc....removed Dropbox from excel options now can’t add again...

any ideas please ?75398CD5-4AB7-4E84-8BEC-0350BA2C0036.png

Isabella3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem, office app doesn’t work on iphone or ipad, ok from browser. I couldn’t open a ticket, I can not pick up a device from the list. 

mbulgueroni
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hello. I am having the exact same problem. And only with the Microsoft apps. Inside MS Word for iOS it stopped seeing and loading files from dropbox. Tried to remove the dropbox integration and add again, and now I am greeted with message “No network Connection”, but I DO HAVE network connection. Only the app does not recognize Dropbox anymore. All other apps keep seeing dropbox files fine.

DRF-01
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi, my ticket is 8902761 Thanks

blackcardamom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Without updating anything, I had the same problem. I couldn't open a ticket.

SallyK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It seems odd that Dropbox is blaming it on Microsoft, because the only app that has been updated on my iPhone or iPad since yesterday (when I could access my files) is the Dropbox app. MS apps have not been updated.

blackcardamom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ticket #8902702:

SallyK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It seems funny that Dropbox is blaming it on Microsoft, since the only app that was updated was Dropbox—not MS Excel or Word. 

prb112
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same problem here. Message says cannot open folder on server
Need more support?