cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see both Personal and Business Dropbox accounts at the same time at Dropbox.com

I can't see both Personal and Business Dropbox accounts at the same time at Dropbox.com

Jeremy D.13
New member | Level 2

If I go to Dropbox.com using my computer, I can see EITHER my personal account OR my business account, but not both at the same time. I can see both on my iPhone. The accounts show as linked and connected and I have gone through everything I could find in your help section. 

As it stands, if I want to see the other account online, I have to sign out of one and sign into the other.

Can you please help me resolve this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't see both Personal and Business Dropbox accounts at the same time at Dropbox.com

Mark
Super User II
If you look at the bottom left of the screen there should be the word 'Personal'. If you click on that you can swap accounts.

Or, you can go to www.dropbox.com/work which will take you straight to it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Re: I can't see both Personal and Business Dropbox accounts at the same time at Dropbox.com

Mark
Super User II
If you look at the bottom left of the screen there should be the word 'Personal'. If you click on that you can swap accounts.

Or, you can go to www.dropbox.com/work which will take you straight to it 🙂

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jeremy D.13
New member | Level 2

Oh! They changed the interface. Previously, my business and personal accounts appeared at the top left. I wish developers would stop constantly "improving" their products.

Thanks for the assist. 

DonH
New member | Level 2

Mark - hoping you can assist me too...

I have exectly the same problem (today) as Jeremy D.13 had.

However, the 'Selectable Switch Box' is not showing on my computer! I can only switch personal and business accounts by logging out and logging in with each account login. 

My wife has the same access as me on her laptop, iPhone, iPad and she HAS got the 'Selectable Switch Box' on her computer so can switch without logging out - as Jeremy D.13 is now doing.

Bug???

Thanks in advance,

Don

Mark
Super User II
If you dont have it then your accounts are not linked together Don.

You need to follow www.dropbox.com/help/4235 to link them.

DonH
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, thanks for your prompt reply; appreciated!

My profile is saying that both my accounts ARE connected. They have been since May 2015 and were switchable in the older versions - pre-this update.

My wife uses my account login details and she has the 'switch box' on her computer.

We have run through every setting we can find on both computers and they are all identical - yet she has the box and I do not.

Both of my accounts are seen and accessible on my iPhone, her iPhone, our iPad etc. This new option is just not available to me on my computer - it's weird?! Like the update has not applied correctly???

PNG screenshots attached... 

My Dropbox Connected Accounts

Connected Accounts

My Wife Dropbox Screen

My Wife Dropbox screen

My Dropbox Screen

My Dropbox screen.

As you can see... all connected up but my Wife has the box with two accounts showing and I do not. 

Thanks,

Don

Mark
Super User II
Have you tried force refreshing the page (CTRL + R)?

Maybe clear all of the cache/temporary internet files etc. As its a new layout I'm wondering if your browser hasnt quite downloaded everything correctly.

What about if you try a different browser?

DonH
New member | Level 2

Mark,

Tried Firefox and Chrome and the box appears! Top Man!!

I had cleared all the caches, history and cookies from Safari (Std Mac browser) as we always do on exiting any browser... even shut the laptop down and re-booted... to no avail.

However, we know what it is now so thanks for your inputs and thoughts - as before; appreciated! 🙂

Don

DonH
New member | Level 2

All a bit strange as my Wife uses yteh same Safari vesion too - does the same clean up process when exiting and she has the box... but hey... life is to short :):):)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DonH New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?