cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the Dropbox icon at the bottom of my screen. How can I proceed?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I used to see the dropbox Icon at the bottom of my screeen; now I cannot find the Icon there nor anywhere.  I have a company account and I usually enter via the Icon.  Now I have to look fior old e-mails validate ( I am asked to do so) that it is me who is entering. 

How can I just drag the icon and leave it where I wat to.  I just cannot like I used to.  

Thank you 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox icon

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@Mauricio3), I’m here to help you get up & running again with Dropbox asap. Thanks for taking a bit of your time to reach out to us on our Community; I hope you’ve enjoyed the first few days of the year! 

From what I gather from your description, you’re currently working on a pc (though please do let me know if I’m not right in my assumption). If so, can you firstly check whether you’ve merely quit Dropbox & you’d need to relaunch it? You could do that by clicking on the Start menu on your pc & clicking on Dropbox. Additionally, can you pull up your Control Panel▶️ Add or Remove a Program. Do you see Dropbox listed there? 

If so, & you're suspecting that something isn’t working correctly, I’d like to point you towards third party apps that may be obstructing our updates in the background (eg. some users have reported that an Antivirus or the application "Boxifier"blocks the installation from being carried correctly). To my mind, you could troubleshoot the syncing issue you’re facing by re-installing our app (& you can reference the steps outlined below to get going with that)

Spoiler
  • Stop Dropbox (If needed) by clicking the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen. >Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select "Quit Dropbox".
  • Uninstall Dropbox: [Note: If Dropbox was installed by a Windows administrator in Program Files, you will need admin permissions to remove the application.]> Click on the Start button on the bottom left of your screen, and select "Control Panel" (Windows 7), or type Control Panel at the Start screen or start menu, and click on it (Windows 10, 8 ).> Click"Uninstall a Program". >Select Dropbox from the list of programs and click "Uninstall".
  • When the uninstall finishes, reboot your computer. This will make sure the uninstall is complete.  
  • At that point, I’d suggest disabling any Security/Antivirus programs & give our offline installer a try: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full (Windows)   
You may give my suggestion a go whenever you find some spare time & please do let me know how you get on with that on this discussion here. Thanks again & happy Friday Mauricio!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Can you help me restore my desktop shortcut?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox shortcut has disappeared from my desktop and I can't see how to get it back. Right click doesn't give me a shortcut option.

Highlighted

Re: Can you help me restore my desktop shortcut?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@sgncfc), happy Monday! 

Based on your description, our deskop application is not updating, so I’ve moved your post under this discussion, in order to ping you on my previous reply to Mauricio that includes some pointers that will give you an idea of what’s happening. Please have a look at my tips at your convenience & let me know of your findings whenever you get a chance. Thanks & I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?