cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the other account connected anymore?

I can't see the other account connected anymore?

MarieH
Explorer | Level 3

A drop-box account that is shared with me (as team member) by one of my clients is not showing up on file explorer even though I have downloaded and installed a number of times.  It used to show, but it changed since I upgraded my own drop-box account to 'professional' to share with my work team and for the additional security.  The two accounts have different domain names.  Why isn't it showing alongside the other drop-box account like it used to?  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: File Explorer access

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @MarieH - sorry to hear about this.

Can you clarify if any of these accounts is on an individual plan? 

As you know, Dropbox Business allows a single personal and work Dropbox account to be connected. This gives you privacy and security of all your personal photos and documents, and allows your company to retain ownership of their data.

If you're trying to connect two accounts that are linked to a Dropbox for Business Teams plan though you won't be able to do so as it's not currently an option. 

To see if this is the issue here please take a look at the plan's tab on both of your accounts: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

I hope this information helps and I'm waiting for your next response with additional information so we can have a better look into this if needed.

Thanks in advance and happy New Year! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @MarieH - sorry to hear about this.

Can you clarify if any of these accounts is on an individual plan? 

As you know, Dropbox Business allows a single personal and work Dropbox account to be connected. This gives you privacy and security of all your personal photos and documents, and allows your company to retain ownership of their data.

If you're trying to connect two accounts that are linked to a Dropbox for Business Teams plan though you won't be able to do so as it's not currently an option. 

To see if this is the issue here please take a look at the plan's tab on both of your accounts: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

I hope this information helps and I'm waiting for your next response with additional information so we can have a better look into this if needed.

Thanks in advance and happy New Year! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MarieH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thanks for your speedy response.  One of my accounts is a single person and work DropBox account.  This is my business DropBox and is does, as you say, allow me to keep some documents private.

The other DropBox account is also a work account, but it is owned by one of my clients and I am a team member.  I do a lot of work for them, so I really do need to be able to access it via File Explorer.  Having to access the site and then download documents to amend them is proving to be a real pain.  Is there any way that we can get around this?

Thanks

Marie

Walter
Dropboxer

If one of your accounts is on an individual plan (Basic, Plus or Professional) , there might be a setting the Team Admin on your other account (the one you're a member of - owned by your client) that could be preventing you from doing this - have you contacted them (i.e. the Admin of the Team you' re a member of) to ask directly if that's the case @MarieH

Walter
dropbox.com/support

MarieH
Explorer | Level 3

Both accounts are Business Standard.  Does that mean that I can't have them both open on File Explorer?

Walter
Dropboxer

Yes, sadly, you got that right  @MarieH!

Thank you for your feedback though - I'll be passing this on to our team as a probable feature request for their consideration.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    MarieH Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?