cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't upload multiple photos to my account

I can't upload multiple photos to my account

Explorer | Level 3

I have an iPhone 11Pro. All of the sudden, when I try to upload more than 1 selected photo the Dropbox icon disappears and will not allow me to upload. If I go into Dropbox app, the upload tells me there are no photos. This just recently started. I don’t want to upload every photo in my camera roll that’s why I don’t check allow camera uploads.

9 Replies 9

Re: I can't upload multiple photos to my account

Dropboxer

Hi @Beatrix9668, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you clarify what you mean when the Dropbox icon disappears? Are you trying to upload the photos from the Photos app, via the iOS Files app, or some other app?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
In my photo library, after you select the pictures you want, at the bottom it has the little box with an arrow that you tap to decide what you want to do with photos. Then airdrop, message, mail, gmail, messenger etc all come up at bottom. If I selected 1 photo, the Dropbox icon will also be there and I can use that to upload to Dropbox. But now, if I select multiple photos, it is not there. I end up having to upload photos 5 at a time to my email then load them to Dropbox from there. A pain when I have 50 pictures to upload.

Original question

Explorer | Level 3
Jay, you asked for more info, I gave it to you now no response.

Dropboxer

Were you able to upload multiple images before? Are you able to upload multiple images via the Dropbox mobile app instead of via the iOS Photos app instead?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
As I said in my original post, I was always able to upload multiple photos by selecting them, going to the little box with the up arrow at the bottom then selecting Dropbox. Or, by going to Dropbox, tapping the upload and selecting the photos that way. Now, Dropbox does not appear as an option in photo library when multiple photos are selected and if I try through Dropbox and tap add or upload it says there are no photos available.

Dropboxer

Hey @Beatrix9668!

When you select multiple files from the Photos app, you'll need to use a slightly different method to save them to Dropbox.

You should see an option to "Save to Files", where you can choose the desired location in Dropbox to add the files.

You'll just need to ensure that you have Dropbox enabled as a location within the Files app first.

Otherwise, you can upload them through the Dropbox mobile app with the "+" button. From there, you can choose multiple files to upload from the camera roll.

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
It helped some. But is there any way to put multiple photos into one file so that the file can be uploaded as one instead of one photo at a time? I am just so confused as to why this all changed. I do real estate photos and have up to 50 pictures to upload.

Dropboxer

This seems to have occurred with the more recent iOS versions, so if you recently updated your OS version this would be the reason, @Beatrix9668.

In terms of making a folder to upload the files in, the best option I could suggest would be to create a folder within Dropbox and then upload the file from Photos through the Files app, as I mentioned above.

If you have any trouble with this, I'd be happy to help further -  just give me a shout here!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your help. Seems I might as well bypass Dropbox altogether as it is a bunch of extra steps no matter what I do. Also going to address this with Apple.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?