There are a few different ways you can delete files using the Dropbox app:
1) To delete single items from the file list view, you can tap the downward arrow and select 'Delete' for files, and 'Folder Settings > Delete' for folders.
2) To delete a document while previewing it, tap the ellipsis button (...) in the upper-right hand corner of the screen and select the ‘Delete’ option
3) To delete multiple items at once, follow these steps:
- In the Files tab in the Dropbox mobile app, navigate to the folder that contains the files or folders you want to delete and tap the ellipsis button (...) in the upper-right hand corner of the screen
- Tap the “Select” option
- Select the files or folders that you want to delete and press "Delete" at the bottom of the screen
I hope this helps!
the files in the Dropbox app are not stored on your iPhone. You just see what is stored online in your Dropbox, so you can only delete the online files.
There are apps with integrated document/photo viewer and media player for example, that can connect to your Dropbox and download every file or folder you want to your iPhone.
But you can only view (and maybe edit) the documents and photos or play music and videos in that app.
This thread is a little old... In the meantime it is possible to download files in the Dropbox app.
What do you mean Robert? Maybe it's because I am a few versions ahead, but I have no problem to delete online and offline files.
Sorry I can't help you and don't know how the App Store version 7.2 looks like at the moment, I can't even remember how it looked like in version 5.x, what was the last one I used from the App Store.
I have the TestFlight Beta 9.0. I think there are many changes coming soon. But it's not allowed to write about probably new design, features or whatever. I even had to sign a document for not doing that.
Edit: Did you try to delete it maybe even completely in Settings -> Storage and iCloud Usage and install it again?
Or just reboot your phone?
[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community .]
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!