cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot install Dropbox desktop after Windows 10 update Nov. 2020

I cannot install Dropbox desktop after Windows 10 update Nov. 2020

Kaycontinental
Helpful | Level 5

I have just received the Windows 10 October and November 2020 updates. They wiped my pc clean - now I cannot re-install Dropbox desktop. I have tried the Update, the full Offline install. I have uninstalled and deleted completely and started again. I click the download, but it won't open. Can somebody help me please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I cannot install Dropbox desktop after Windows 10 update Nov. 2020

Kaycontinental
Helpful | Level 5

@Walter Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It was not a problem with Dropbox, but a problem with Windows 10 (go figure).
I had to reset Win10 and now everything is o.k. again (apart from a whole day's work re-installing all my apps). Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @Kaycontinental; welcome to our Community and sorry for the late response. 

If you're still having issues with this, could you try temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall that might be causing issues and installing our desktop app anew from this link?

Let me know the results!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kaycontinental
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Walter, thank you for your response. I will do as you suggest. But first, I must try to completely uninstall from the register, I think, because I still have a 'white' icon which tells me that the location is 'unavailable'. I will come back when I have done this.

Kaycontinental
Helpful | Level 5

@Walter Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It was not a problem with Dropbox, but a problem with Windows 10 (go figure).
I had to reset Win10 and now everything is o.k. again (apart from a whole day's work re-installing all my apps). Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?