cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see Dropbox as a place to save to when on Word. What happened?

I don't see Dropbox as a place to save to when on Word. What happened?

HannahR
New member | Level 2

I used to be able to save a file in my dropbox folder when I hit "save" in Word.  Now that option has disappeared.  I still see the list like "my PC" and "network" etc. but no dropbox.  I can open dropbox from my taskbar and all the files are still there. I've tried various thing I've seen online and none have worked so far!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I don't see Dropbox as a place to save to when on Word. What happened?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there Hanna - how are you today?

Could you please provide some more information so we can look further into this matter?

If possible, I'd like to start with the exact status of the desktop app on the affected computer and the steps you take to do this to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

Spoiler

You can always look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Feel free to include any information you feel might help our investigation too!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: I don't see Dropbox as a place to save to when on Word. What happened?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there Hanna - how are you today?

Could you please provide some more information so we can look further into this matter?

If possible, I'd like to start with the exact status of the desktop app on the affected computer and the steps you take to do this to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

Spoiler

You can always look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Feel free to include any information you feel might help our investigation too!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?