Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I don't see the option to connect to Office Online on my new computer

Helpful | Level 6

On my old Mac, when I started using Microsoft Office Online, there was an easy option to connect to Dropbox (in addition to OneDrive).  Now I've started using a new Mac, all I see is the option to link to OneDrive.

I know I have the option to do this in reverse - to set up Dropbox so files can open in the corresponging Office Online app - and I've done that, but I've got used to going to Office Online first, it seems to find my recent files more easily.  And yes, if open a blank doc in Word or Excel and go to the File menu, it shows me the same list as on my old Mac.  It's just bugging me to have to change my workflow and add several steps for no apparently good reason!

So any ideas?  Thanks

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Office Online integration

Super User II
Super User II

Microsoft does not support this function I'm afraid :(

You will need to ask them to develop the connector or allow Dropbox to do so.

Some old versions of Office had unofficial / unsupported hacks that did this, however, they dont seem to work on newer versions.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Actually they have seemed to have changed something in the last couple of weeks while I was transitioning to my new Mac - I tried the old one again and where it used to be easy now there's a new, different interface that doesn't offer a DB link option, only One Drive.  (There was nothing unofficial or hackish about what I was able to do before, it was built into the Office Online site - are you talking about desktop Office?)  Maybe it's a backlash against the new DropBox OS! 

Oh well, a few extra clicks won't kill me.

Thanks anyway

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox has never been an option here for me :(

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helpful | Level 6

I wonder if we're talking about the same thing, it was there as an option when I first started using Office Online about 9 months ago, as described here https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-dropbox-integrate-dropbox-with-office-online/

Anyway, it's definitely not there any more...

Thanks

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?