cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I don't want to have Dropbox's new "sync"

Collaborator | Level 9

I'm a DB Pro user.

Dropbox new "SYNC" - I want all files present on all devices - not having to wait for a download or not available if the device is offline. I'll decide with selective what file NOT to be on a device.

I have the option SYNC "OFF" Make new files local & STILL they get downloaded 1 time I reference them.

I just want it to run the old way!

Another enhancement I don't want or need.  I Want all files local!

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox new "SYNC" - I DON'T WANT IT ON

Helpful | Level 5

Not sure what you mean, but if you are using a PC, you can sync all your files local just select all folders in settings. If you say about mobile,  you can upgrade your account and you will get sync folder on mobile offline, it give you same experience like pc.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @JB M.2, are you by any chance referring to Smart Sync

If so, as @Aleksandr M.1 also mentions, you can choose to have new content be local by changing the default Smart Sync setting accordingly. 

Spoiler

More specifically:

1. Click the Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock from the menu bar or system tray.
  2. Go to your profile picture or initials.
  3. Select Preferences... from the menu.
  4. Click Sync.
  5. Change the selection for Smart Sync Default to Local.

If we've misunderstood your concern or you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

OK thats the answer -

BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO IF I HAD BEEN ASKED IF I EVEN WANTED THE NEW OPTION OF EVERYTHING NOT LOCAL.

Another example of the company NOT giving us an option NOT to turn on an option. I want all the "selective sync folders "LOCAL".

Now it's taking "DAYS" to cleanup this mess.

Thanks again DB. Been a longtime pro user - but I'm getting fed up!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?