cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error when I try to sign in from the website

I get an error when I try to sign in from the website

Jared N.
Helpful | Level 5

I am unable to sign in on website,,, Before the Re-Capcha i get "Your computer or network may be sending automated quieries"

Yet i can sign in ok via Dropbox Desktop app, mobile iOS app, and dropbox website when browsing on iPhone directly

Is this a website issue as i don't think its due to my account.

Restarting my modem only temportaly fixes the problem. After a few "refreshes" of Google reCAPCHA, the same error reappears.. (i need to refresh, the reCAPCHA because the images keep fading), so i can never get it done as the error popups up all the time)

I'm posting this iver personal hotspot, as i wouldn't get in otherwise..

How can regain permanent access on website on Mac ?

Tried Google Chrome, and Firefox results in same...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Website flags as supicious

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @Jared N. again, thanks for the detailed response!

After a bit of investigation, I found that the message that you’re seeing could be related to ‘unusual traffic’, as indicated on this page and more specifically here. For this reason, I’d highly recommend checking these links out as they provide relevant suggestions to resolving your concern. 

Hope this helps! :nerd:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Jared N.

Since you’ve tried switching browsers, could you also try incognito and ensure that you don't have any browser extensions running? Did you use the same Wi-Fi connection to sign in to the Dropbox website via your mobile device? 

Could you also send me a screenshot of the error message that you see when you try to sign in via Chrome and Firefox (omitting any personal info), so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jared N.
Helpful | Level 5

I've tried incognito mode in Chrome, but still get error. This is the sceen i get:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 4.21.48 pm.png

However i tried on mobile (iPhone) and connected to same Wi-fi, I do get this far (which is probably a bit better:-

IMG_0001.PNG

However, since images fade away all the time (even when correct), i need to keep "refreshing".... which evenulally would probably result in same error..

At least it did on Mac.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Jared N., thanks for your prompt reply and for the screenshots!

As a first attempt, give the audio version (the headphones next to the refresh icon) on Captcha a try. If that doesn’t do the trick, you mentioned before that:
Restarting my modem only temportaly fixes the problem.
This seems like it'd be related to your network. For this reason, I’d kindly recommend contacting your ISP (internet service provider) who may have more info and suggestions on the matter. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Jared N.
Helpful | Level 5

Visited Dropbox on iPhone connected to Wi-Fi again, and gor re-CAPTCHA, yet the moment i hit the headphone, I get same message "suspicious network" dialog ..

So as you say, its probably IP related.. All of this flagging started after i was signed via the desktop app yestday, and was changing all meta-data on my images...  Perhapes that cause the flase flagging?

It would make sense why it only happens on Wi-Fi, because ReCAPCHA is present only.

Now the only question would be, how can i get removed from Googe list

I've already spoke to my ISP and they say everything is fine. I'm  tech savy myself, so if  my network was sending out automated requsts, i would definatly know about it.

When I said before about "Retstarting modem temporarly solved the problem" that was in relalation to getting up the reCAPCHA again, NOT getting access to dropbox account.

So, just to recap, I can only login to droobox website account over personal hotspot.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @Jared N. again, thanks for the detailed response!

After a bit of investigation, I found that the message that you’re seeing could be related to ‘unusual traffic’, as indicated on this page and more specifically here. For this reason, I’d highly recommend checking these links out as they provide relevant suggestions to resolving your concern. 

Hope this helps! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Jared N.
Helpful | Level 5

Seems to be fixed up...

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know, @Jared N.. Glad to hear your concern has been resolved!

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions. In the mean time, have a great day and weekend ahead! :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Jared N. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?