cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a message that my mobile app is outdated?

I got a message that my mobile app is outdated?

Clutha
Explorer | Level 4

'Your Dropbox app is outdated' message came up today on my iPad.

Am I about to be dropped from Dropbox? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outdated app on iPad

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Clutha

The mobile OS version running on your device must meet the minimum requirements to install/update the latest version of the mobile app.

If you're not able to update to a newer version, you can use the Dropbox website on that device to navigate through it or, if you already have the mobile app installed, you can continue using this version (but will not be able to install future updates).

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

gregoc
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

@Clutha do you have any updates available in the App Store? It may just be a simple update needed to the Dropbox app.

Clutha
Explorer | Level 4

I'm pretty sure my iPad won't handle an update, too old, os 9.3.5

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Clutha

The mobile OS version running on your device must meet the minimum requirements to install/update the latest version of the mobile app.

If you're not able to update to a newer version, you can use the Dropbox website on that device to navigate through it or, if you already have the mobile app installed, you can continue using this version (but will not be able to install future updates).

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Clutha
Explorer | Level 4

My 'Like' thumbs up is not working 😞

Thanks for the help, I feel comfortable now 🙂

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @Clutha. I’m glad I could help. :innocent:

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Help21
New member | Level 2

Hi there!

I am running into the same issue on my iPod touch. I have updated the device to the latest version possible for this particular device (iOS 9.3.5). I have updated Dropbox in Apple Store, yet I am still prompted with the following error message: "your dropbox app is outdated." Does anyone know how I can rectify this issue? 

Also, I have tried to delete the Dropbox app on the device and for some strange reason I am unable to delete it to reinstall. I have given it a had reset and still I run into the same issues. Is there anyone that can help me? I would appreciate it ever so much. Thank you in advance for your time!

Clutha
Explorer | Level 4

So far the DB app is running OK on my iPad in spite of the 'new' red warning. I'm keeping the app on. If you try to download it again your likely to get a message that the app won't run on your iPad because the operating system is too old. Some nice person told me the way round this to get the old app. I may still have the pictures of the advice but I'd need to put them on Dropbox to share them. 

Stand by!

Clutha
Explorer | Level 4

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Sean344
Explorer | Level 3
Sorry to hijak your thread but I too have received the same email several times and just ignored it but now I’m thinking maybe I need to do something. It says the app on one of my devices is outdated but doesn’t tell me which, I’ve tried the security area of the website but all this does is list my devices that has the app (there are 7 in total) anyone know how I can find out which one it is? I’ve eliminated my iPhone and iPad but that’s still leaves 5
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?