Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I got a permissions error message on a Windows 7 Enterprise desktop. What should I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, I got a permission error message when I try to open the desktop app Dropbox. I followed the instructions on the help page but it didn't work. I am using windows 7 Enterprise and use a shared network. Any suggestions? Thank you,

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Persmission error

Super User II
Super User II

When you say that you use a shared network, do you mean that Dropbox is located on a network drive? If so, that's not supported and could be causing the issue.

The Dropbox folder needs to be located on a drive local to the computer. External, removable and networked drive locations are not supported.

If that's not what you mean, then please provide more information on how Dropbox is set up.

Highlighted

Re: Persmission error

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

No, it is not on a shared folder. 

I mean I use a shared school netwrok but the Dropbox folder is on my own desktop. It was work before and everything was fine. After I restart the computer it stoped work and the permission error message appears. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?