cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-in failed: Unknown error, please contact customer support

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

3putts
New member | Level 2

"Sign-in failed. Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support"

HI there I cannot sign into Dropbox on my android S6, I keep getting above error.
I have no issue when I try to sign into Dropbox from the Google chrome on my laptop its just on my phone.

I have reset my password and also removed the dropbox app and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

54 Replies 54

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sue6, thanks for nudging us on this thread, and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this error message. 

Just to make sure that we cover as much initial troubleshooting ground as possible, could you:

• Send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?
  • Check if you're on a Basic account by going to your Plan tab?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

confoodnet
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your answer but it is not working for me. I have unlinked down to 2 accounts which includes the Samsung Note3 android phone that I am trying to login with, but I still am told to contact Dropbox admin.

If I delete my phone then of course I will not have access.

Any solution please?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @confoodnet, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

To make sure I have a better visual of what you're seeing, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SnowdenK
New member | Level 2

Galaxy S4, sign-in doesn't work with correct password (even after reseting it), emailed sign-in link, or connecting my google account (which was something I didn't want to do). Says uknown error, contact dropbox support. If I do the incorrect password it tells me so.  Can't find any info. I can sign in on other devices, but I need to be able to sign in on my phone.

SnowdenK
New member | Level 2

Uninstalled updates and reinstalled, have restarted phone, still nothing.

skusher23_22
Explorer | Level 3
Samsung Galaxy S5 same error. I can sign in using the browser but I can't login in the app after actualizing the app

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @SnowdenK and @skusher23_22, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that you're both having trouble signing in to your Dropbox accounts via your mobile devices. 

As a first step, could you confirm for me if you're on a Basic account? You can check this by going to your Plan tab on the website. 

Let me know what you find and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

skusher23_22
Explorer | Level 3
@Lusil yes it's a basic plan account

LMDLMD
New member | Level 2

After updating to the newest version of Dropbox Android app, I can no longer sign in to Dropbox on my Samsung tablet. I get the following error:

Sign-in failed, unknown error, please contact customer support.

I have unlinked all devices except one. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you, LMD

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for confirming that, @skusher23_22

Since Basic accounts have a three device limit, could it be that you currently have more than three devices linked? You can check this by going to your Security tab on the website. 

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?