cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sign in on my Android because it failed

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

3putts
New member | Level 2

"Sign-in failed. Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support"

HI there I cannot sign into Dropbox on my android S6, I keep getting above error.
I have no issue when I try to sign into Dropbox from the Google chrome on my laptop its just on my phone.

I have reset my password and also removed the dropbox app and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

54 Replies 54

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @LMDLMD, I hope you're having a good day so far!

So I can have a better idea of the issue that you're having, please let me know the following:

• Which version of the app do you have installed? eg. 184.2.8
  • What OS version is your device running?
  • Do you get the same error when signing into your account via the website?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

skusher23_22
Explorer | Level 3
Mm well I have one device [my phone] and the connection through pc

SnowdenK
New member | Level 2
Basic account, phone was included in the 3 connected devices when I first attempted. Unlinked the phone and tried again, still didnt work. App version 184.2.8 and I am able to sign in with firefox on the phone but still not the app. I get an email with every attempt at signing in with the app asking if it is me. No difference if I say yes and try again.

arifahmed199
New member | Level 2

Android app dropbox sing failed

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all your updates so far!

Just to note, @arifahmed199 I've moved your post here as it seems that you're having the same issue as the OP. Can you just confirm for me if the exact error you're getting is "Sign-in failed: Unknown error, please contact customer support"?

If so, please let me know the following:

• Which version of the mobile app do you have installed?
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • Can you sign into your account online with the same credentials?
  • If you're on a Basic plan, do you have less than 3 devices connected via your account security page?

Thanks for the info you've provided on this @SnowdenK and @skusher23_22 so far. So we can look into this further with you both, please submit a ticket with our Support team from here via an incognito window.

You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let us know here so we can pass along the info you've kindly provided us here.

Keep us posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ter27
Explorer | Level 3

I have a Plus plan and have been having this problen since March 7th. I have a Meizu m6 note phone. Unistalled and installed the app over 10 times and nothing happened. have been in contact with the costumer service for over 1.5 months now and on March 11th they claimed in an email to me "We have determined that this is a bug and we are working to fix it. When we have a fix in place, we will contact you to let you know and release an update via the App Store, so make sure to stay up to date with the latest Dropbox releases."

on april 6th they said they are still working on it. 

meanwhile i cannot work on my phone since EVERYTHING is on the service that i am paying alot of money for.

there were 2 updates of the app on my phone and the problem is still the same. this is frustrating to no end.

skusher23_22
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for the help! But just one more question: once I click on the link in an incognito window I go redirected to main page of support [say, where some articles are shown and the option of asking the community is displayed].

Where should I go to get ticket number?

gibbousmoon
New member | Level 2

I'm getting a "sign-in failed" on Android, with "Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support."

Interestingly, every time I do it, I get an e-mail sent to me saying that Dropbox has been accessed by a new Android device, is this you? As if I had signed in successfully.

rjarjour
New member | Level 2

I am trying to sin-in using my android mobile (HTC) but I always get this message (Sing-in failed Unknown error). When I sing-in using Chrome browser on the same mobile, everything goes smoothely.

Could you help me please

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, I just have an update for you!

Our team is aware of the issue and are currently looking into this. As soon as I have any news or updates from them, I'll let you all know here.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or other info that you'd like to share with us here then please just give me a nudge. Thank you all for your assistance and info that you provided on this!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?