cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

3putts
New member | Level 2

"Sign-in failed. Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support"

HI there I cannot sign into Dropbox on my android S6, I keep getting above error.
I have no issue when I try to sign into Dropbox from the Google chrome on my laptop its just on my phone.

I have reset my password and also removed the dropbox app and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

54 Replies 54

antoninog
New member | Level 2

Ciao,

I am have a basic Dropbox account.

This morning I changed the pricipal Gooogle account in my android mobile (HTC U ULTRA), the dropobox app requested to login, but after it raises an error, see  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjj62apjqecwzhw/ErrrorMessage.jpeg?dl=0

Then as you suggested in other post I removed 2 devices configured in my dropbox account, now I have only 1

see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpv3yabtnhqeih1/Deices.png?dl=0

But I still have problem in login from dropbox app. for you reference this is the version of dropbox for android app, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxa6cq7waa4hk54/DropBoxMobileVersion.jpeg?dl=0

Thanks for you support and let me know if you need further info.

Antoninog

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @antoninog, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here as it seems like you're getting the same error message as mentioned here.

Please check out my post above and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pimpf
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have the same issue with Tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

It says that there is an unknown problem and I should contact the support.

I already reinstalled the app on my device. I also deleted the devices in my security tab. I am on a Basic subscription.

Any fix?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pimpf, thanks for posting your question here, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Just to make sure that we cover as much initial troubleshooting as possible, could you clarify if you're on a Basic account by going to your Plan tab and also checking if you have more than three devices already linked on your Security tab?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pimpf
New member | Level 2

OK. I checked again: I am on a BASIC subscription.

I only have one device linked which is my Android Tablet. Still I get the message "unknown error. please contact support"

If I delete the Android tablet from the list (to connect it again) I get the same error.

The Tablet will show up as linked device. But I can not log in via the app on my tablet.

confoodnet
New member | Level 2

Thanks for following up. I fixed it by deleting the account for the very phone that I was trying to link with, then reconnecting this phone using my only remaining account. All fine now

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for checking that for me, @confoodnet. I moved your thread here, where other users have expressed similar concerns. 

As Daphne also mentionsour team is aware of the issue and are currently looking into this. As soon as I have any news or updates from them, we'll make sure to get back to you.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

TheIan
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

until recently i had used dropbox on my mobile phone to synchronize pictures. Now I noticed that the app was no longer connected and I had to log in again. Whenever I try to do this I get the error message "Error logging in. Unknown error. Please contact the dropbox support." Username and password are correct. Reinstalling the app didn't help either. In the account I also deleted the device link, so it shouldn't be because of the device limit.
Which other possibilities could be the cause of the error?
Thanks for your help.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @TheIan, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here as it seems that you're having the same issue as the OP.

Since you've already checked that you're not over the 3 device limit for Basic plans, I'd suggest checking that you're running the latest versions of your device's OS and the mobile app.

I'd just like to note that our team is indeed aware of this issue and are looking into this further, so we will keep you up to date with any news we receive in this thread here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Devagraham
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,
I have downloaded the app from google play but get the above error despite logging in with correct details and with the code delivered to my mobile phone why?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    scarsong New member | Level 2
    rharper58 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?