cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have W10 but desktop stopped working, try to log in and get error..your computer is not supported.

I have W10 but desktop stopped working, try to log in and get error..your computer is not supported.

bellestarr991
New member | Level 2

have had dropbox for years, desktop stopped working. Try to log in and get 'your computer is not supported help/9225. I have windows 10 but 9225 is about windows xp not being supported. Uninstalled , reinstalled several times and even opened a new account with a different email and password....same thing. Very irritating and I'll have to switch to onedrive or some other program. Very disappointed.

6 Replies 6

Re: I have W10 but desktop stopped working, try to log in and get error..your computer is not suppor

Mark
Super User II
Right click on Dropbox and change the 'run as' option to Windows 10 rather than XP.

Sorry, wording may not be exactly right as I'm on a Mac but the option is somewhere in there.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: I have W10 but desktop stopped working, try to log in and get error..your computer is not suppor

bellestarr991
New member | Level 2

be more specific...right click what icon?  where?  I saw a post about linking, went to profile, settings, saw email link was disabled, cliked it on, STILL cannot log in on desktop but now the error number is 9227 instead of 9225. Wasting hours and hours on this.

There is no option for selecting a Device. Account, settings Security and the Devices is not clickable.

Mark
Super User II
Its on the computer itself.

You need to set the program up on your computer correctly. It isnt on the website nor is it in the Dropbox application.

Google how to change compatibility between Windows versions. You need to change the compatibility setting from XP to the actual OS.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Also, did you read the full article you linked to?

If you read at the bottom of it it tells you what to do when you get that message if you are not on XP: https://www.dropbox.com/help/9246

bellestarr991
New member | Level 2
I've done everythingn, can only select W 7 not W 10, still cannot log into desk top, get error 9227.

Mark
Super User II
Windows 7 is a supported system. I believe you may need a reboot after changing the settings.

Try downloading a newer version of Dropbox as well: www.dropbox.com/install

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    bellestarr991 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?