cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check on any kind, pin, password, etc. Is this normal?

I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check on any kind, pin, password, etc. Is this normal?

Jason S.53
New member | Level 1

6 Replies 6

Re: I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check on any kind, pin, password, etc. Is this normal?

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Yes, completely normal, your desktop is trusted so its fine. Just make sure you have a OS user account password and lock your PC.

Re: I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check on any kind, pin, password, etc. Is this normal?

Daniel A.46
New member | Level 1

Hey Richard,
Didnt understand your answer.
It for the last 2 hours on sync mode and the number of files is 10 and dont go down. What i need to do so it will sync normaly again?

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Daniel, you question has nothing to do with this topic or my answer - don't do that, its rude.  

If you have an issue, open your own topic and ask your question there, don't barge in on someone elses topic, pretend that you simply want clarification about the posted answer, and then ask a completely new question unrelated to the original posters one.

Daniel A.46
New member | Level 1

Sorry richard, didnt realese i posted on the wrong topic.

Re: I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check

Norm
New member | Level 2
I had a ransom virus which affected my dropbox files. so I couldn't access my files at all not even from another computer. Is there a way to have to sign in when ever it's opened?

Re: I have a dropbox icon on my desk top that opens directly into my dropbox with no secirity check

Rich
Super User II
No, and that wouldn't matter for ransomware or any other type of virus because your Dropbox files are on your computer in a regular folder. Password protecting the application wouldn't protect your files.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Norm New member | Level 2
    Daniel A.46 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?