Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a question about compatibility. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there. I'm an active user of Dropbox for music files between my various computers and iPads etc and with the singers that I work alongside. I've just purchased an Amazon Fire Tablet and downloaded Dropbox to that. What I'm having trouble finding is an MP3 Player App that works with Dropbox and is compatible with the Amazon Fire Tablet. Do you have the answer to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Compatibility

Super User II
Super User II

Vernon wrote:

Can you please clafify what you mean by: "works with Dropbox"?

@Vernon, there are media player applications available from third parties that will connect to your Dropbox account and play the media you have stored there. RMepstead is asking if anyone knows of any that will work on his Amazon Fire tablet.

@RMepstead, you'll have more luck asking on an Amazon Fire related forum, as there will be a much larger chance of someone there knowing what is or isn't available for that particular tablet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi RMepstead,

Hope you are doing good.

Any additional info would help!

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I answer your question?---> Accept as Solution White check mark 
Kudos are always welcome! 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Vernon wrote:

@Vernon, there are media player applications available from third parties that will connect to your Dropbox account and play the media you have stored there. RMepstead is asking if anyone knows of any that will work on his Amazon Fire tablet.

@RMepstead, you'll have more luck asking on an Amazon Fire related forum, as there will be a much larger chance of someone there knowing what is or isn't available for that particular tablet.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Vernon. There are many MP3 music player apps available to download but only a very few of them can link to Dropbox and the files that are in there. It seems that even less of them will work in an Amazon Fire tablet (Android) as distinct from an I-pad (Apple). I think what I must do is find an Amazon Fire Tablet Forum and ask in there too.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi guys,

@Rich Thanks for the heads up! Cheers!

@RMepstead I'm afraid Rich is right. An Amazon fire forum would be the best place to search for answers.

Feel free to reach back anytime.

Take care!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I answer your question?---> Accept as Solution White check mark 
Kudos are always welcome! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Vernon, and a happy new year to you all.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?