Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a question about the Salesforce integration. Can you shed some light?

Explorer | Level 3

I am using the Dropbox for Salesforce app to sync up the files between the two. The folder is being created in the dropbox only after a file is uploaded from salesforce. Is there any way the folder can be created automatically as soon as the record is created in salesforce? Previously i was using the FileIt app and it was able to create the folders in dropbox as soon as the record was create. 

Please let me know if this is possible or if there is a workaround for the same.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox for Salesforce

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Devarshi; welcome to our Community!

Dropbox does not automatically create a record folder when a new object record is created in Salesforce. To create the record in Dropbox, you first need to add a file to the Dropbox for Salesforce integration.

If you want a particular subfolder structure to be generated for each new record you can user a folder template. Check out our Help Center for detailed instructions:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/salesforce-admin#record

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Walter,

Any chances of using custom code? The DropboxController class has a global method mentioned as createFolder, however i am not sure in which form the parameter values should be passed. Please let me know if this can be used in any way.

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the reply @Devarshi!

I'm afraid I don't have anything else to offer as I'm not familiar with this.

I'll leave this thread open so other users can chime in with their own suggestions though.

Stay safe and see you around the Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I have a question about the Salesforce integration. Can you shed some light?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

If you have a question about Salesforce you can just ask them. I have worked with salesforce consulting partner and they do their job really great. I bet your question is solvable or at least you can get a consultation about it.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?