cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about the screenshots' size when previewed on the web. Help?

I have a question about the screenshots' size when previewed on the web. Help?

Filipe G.
New member | Level 1

Why do you resize large screenshots?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Screenshot Size

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox doesn't resize screenshots. If you're viewing them online what you're looking at is a preview of the original file. Download it (or open it from your local Dropbox folder) to see the original, full-size image.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox doesn't resize screenshots. If you're viewing them online what you're looking at is a preview of the original file. Download it (or open it from your local Dropbox folder) to see the original, full-size image.

View solution in original post

Filipe G.
New member | Level 1

Yeah, I get that. The thing is: most of the time I want to see the image on the browser in full size.

Luís K.
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue here. Want to see the browser preview 100%, not reduced.

askold w.
New member | Level 1

I agree - when I preview there is a size choice and you can select 100%.  But you don't get 100% of the original picture.

My viewers have no way of knowing that if they download they will get the actual 100% image which is much larger than the preview.

It makes no sense to label the preview 100%.

Sam P.6
New member | Level 2

Just come across this myself. Why not just display the screenshot, at 100% zoom (scroll if needed)? It looks terrible zoomed in. Also, clicking the percentage is meant to show "Actual size" but it doesn't, you have to zoom in first then click it, for whatever reason. 

Please make 100% default 🙂 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sam P.6 New member | Level 2
    askold w. New member | Level 1
    Luís K. New member | Level 1
    Filipe G. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?