cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8, can I still download Dropbox App in the AppStore?

I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8, can I still download Dropbox App in the AppStore?

pbosio
Explorer | Level 4

I have already installed the Dropbox App in my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4.1, and I need to temporarily uninstall it. I'm afraid that when I try to re-install an older version, the App Store won't give me that option and just tell me that I need iOS 10 or up. Could anybody tell me if the "Install An Older Version" of Dropbx is still available for iOS 8.4.1?

5 Replies 5

Re: I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8, can I still download Dropbox App in the AppStore?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, unfortunately I can’t assist on this matter since this is dependent on how and if Apple will allow you to re-download the older version after you uninstall it, as the app is being downloaded from their store.

Perhaps another user who has attempted this might have more information on this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8, can I still download Dropbox App in the AppStore?

pbosio
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you! I had no choice to delete the App, so I tried to download it again then, and fortunately I could. I got the "Install An Older Version" message and reinstalled it without problems. So far it seems like Dropbox is still available for iPhone 5S with iOS 8.

Thank you very much! 

Jay
Dropboxer
No problem, glad to hear you were able to get the older app!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II

@pbosio wrote:

I got the "Install An Older Version" message and reinstalled it without problems.

Just don't count on that to always be available. I have two older iPads, a generation apart, both of which had Dropbox on them previously. On one of them, I get the "older version" message and I'm able to reinstall Dropbox. On the other one, the App Store will not offer the older version.

pbosio
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Rich! That's true, I got that exact problem with my old iPad 2 (once I deleted them, I was not able to reinstall netiher Dropbox nor Netflix). Even when in this case it has the latest iOS available, which is iOS 10.something, I think. That's what scared me so much having to uninstall it from my iPhone 5S with iOS 8. I hope I won't need to do it again, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later I won't have the same luck...

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pbosio Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?