cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with exporting .epub files to iBook. Can you help?

I have an issue with exporting .epub files to iBook. Can you help?

Rdc1
New member | Level 2

After a recent Dropbox upgrade I can no longer export .epub files to iBook.  The "export to . . ." menu works, and the iBook icon appears in Dropbox, but nothing happens when I click on the icon.  .epub files now open in Dropbox, where formerly they didn't, and this strongly suggests the problem is on the Dropbox end.  I've got an iPhone 5 with OS 10.3.3.

3 Replies 3

Re: Export to ibooks

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Rdc1  - sorry to hear that!

If you're on the latest version of our app (you can check for updates in your iPhone's app store), could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”. 

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

While you're at it, could you see if there's an available update for your iPhone's OS as well? 

Keep me posted please!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rdc1
New member | Level 2

Thanks.

My iPhone claims the OS is up-to-date.  ("iOS 10.3.3 Your software is up to date.") I have assumed that's b/c it's an iPhone 5.  That I've been left behind by later OS updates.  When I try to update the OS I get "Unable to Check for Update -- An error occurred while checking for a  software update."  Then it offers me the options of "Cancel" and "Try Again."  Try again just results the same.

As for Dropbox, according to my AppStore the version I've loaded is 142.2.4.

I tried clearing the cache, but it didn't help.  Now, however, the .epub files don't display within Dropbox any more, either.

I welcome further suggestions.

Richard

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the updates Richard!

This is indeed the most recent version of our mobile app - thanks for checking. 

Since you mentioned exporting to iBook, I guess those .epub files are already in your Dropbox account, right? Can you try making the said file(s) available offline first and then try to export from there?

If you do, do you get the same results? Could you maybe share a screenshot? 

Also, can you re-produce the same behavior on other networks or over cellular data? 

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?