cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with my iPad pro. Can you help?

I have an issue with my iPad pro. Can you help?

PBG23
New member | Level 2

I just purchased a new Apple Ipad Pro and when I open Dropbox it is not updated with my Dropbox Folders on my Macbook Air-I cleaned and updated Dropbox on my Macbook Air but it is not reflected on my ipad? Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Re: ipad pro

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@PBG23), congratulations on the new iPad! I hope you make the most out of it & I’d happily follow-up on your syncing-specific inquiry. 

From what I gather from your description, there maybe a syncing issue either from your MacBook to your account online or from the web to your new iPad. Please make sure that you’re running the latest Stable version of the application on your Mac device (63.4.107), you’ve made all OS updates & the app displays an Up-To-Date message on your menu bar

From there, can you let me know whether you’re having any pending OS updates on your phone? Also, are you running the latest version of our app (124.2)? 

If everything is working correctly, you should be able to see your files updating from your desktop to your account online. Once fully synced, they should populate your Homepage, where all your recently uploaded files should be displayed. From there, your newly synced content should also appear on your account on your phone as well. 

Hopefully my message points you towards the right direction & please do let me know my advice works for you or in case you need further assistance in any way. Have a lovely weekend ahead & a fruitful New Year!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

PBG23
New member | Level 2

Thank you as everything is up to date but still the changes I have made on my Apple Macbook Air do not reflect on my iPad Pro-sort of frustrating

Jane
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear about any frustration caused @PBG23; I hope my message finds you well today, let me follow-up on this a bit more closely. 

Now, as you mentioned that both devices are updated to the latest version, please work through the following steps to help determine whether your Mac is syncing to our website in the first place: 

1. When you add a file on the Dropbox folder on your Macbook, does the file get a green check mark on it after syncing  Arrows Counter ClockWhite check mark ? If yes, if you then log into the website, is the file viewable on the web  ( desktop :play_button: :spider_web:️)?
  2. If you see the newly added file on the website, does this file then sync down to the Dropbox app on your iPad  (:spider_web:️ :play_button: :iphone:) 
Please do let me know how you get on with these steps & we’ll take it from there. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I have an issue with my iPad pro. Can you help?

Daphnee
New member | Level 2

One of the most common problem with the iPad is when the device freezes up. This can be caused by a conflict of apps running or leaving corrupted memory behind. The first thing to try is to power the iPad off and on again UPSers

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?