cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with uploading photos to my Windows 7 computer from iPad Pro 11. Ideas?

I have an issue with uploading photos to my Windows 7 computer from iPad Pro 11. Ideas?

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3

My iPad Pro 11" is not uploading pictures to my Desktop PC Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.  It was always working and very fast.  I starting uploading the pictures from my iPad Pro 11" 1 picture does transfer to my Desktop PC and that is it.  Please, advise?

5 Replies 5

Re: I have an issue with uploading photos to my Windows 7 computer from iPad Pro 11. Ideas?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Leo24, thanks for checking in with us!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this, I'll just need a bit more info. For example:

• Are you adding these photos manually to your mobile app or are they added automatically with camera uploads?
  • Are you connecting your iPad to the computer by cable by any chance? 
  • Can you see the photos on the website
  • Are you getting any error messages?

Any additional details and screenshots (without personal info) would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I have an issue with uploading photos to my Windows 7 computer from iPad Pro 11. Ideas?

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3

I am adding these manually from the iPad Pro 11" from Photos to mobile photo uploads to sync over to my desktop.  I always have had Dropbox on my Desktop PC Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit and signed in the photo's always have synced over very fast.  I never have connected my iPad to the computer by cable.  Yes, I see the photos on the Dropbox website.  I did a test last night I uploaded some photos from my iPad to the Dropbox website which went quick.  Today I checked my Desktop PC on the photos were in my mobile photos download.  I even uninstalled twice with Revo-installer the Dropbox app then reinstalled and still does not work.  I never have had this issue.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info, @Leo24

Could you also hover over your Dropbox icon that should be next to your computer's clock and let me know what it reads?

If you don't see it, it means that the desktop app isn't running, and you'll have to manually relaunch it from your applications menu. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Support got back with me and this is what they said.

This seems to be related with the manual uploads feature on the Dropbox app installed on your iPad and not the Dropbox desktop application on your computer.

Thanks for reaching out about this. We apologize for the hassle and we appreciate your patience.

We're now aware of this bug and working to fix it. When we have a fix in place, we will contact you to let you know and release an update via the App Store, so make sure to stay up to date with the latest Dropbox releases.

For now, I would suggest using the Dropbox website to upload your photos to Dropbox.

Again, thanks for letting us know and thanks for using Dropbox.

Regards,
Shane

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for writing back, @Leo24

Since you mention that you're in touch with our Support team, I found your ticket and have passed your comments along to my colleague who's reviewing this for you.

I just wanted to clarify if you don't see most of your photos (that manually upload to your mobile app and that you see on the website) at all on your desktop app or if they sync slowly. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?