cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have disabled the Two-step verification but still asking for a code.

I have disabled the Two-step verification but still asking for a code.

xti
Explorer | Level 4

This is happening only to the Thrive Leads help assistant trying to enter my account to find out an issue with the upload file field I´m using in one of their forms wich is linked to my Dropbox account. It does not happend when I sign in, but when they try to sign in with my password they get asked for the code Dropbox have emailed me.

I have enabled and disable the Two-step verification several times but always asking these people for a code.

What could it be? 

7 Replies 7

Re: I have disabled the Two-step verification but still asking for a code.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @xti; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'll be happy to help out if the issue stems from Dropbox indeed, so please let us know some additional information about the problem you've been facing and I'll make sure to get back to you with some suggestions. 

On a side note, bear in mind that sharing an account with others is not recommended while sharing your Dropbox password with others also violates the Dropbox Terms of Service

I'll be waiting for your response in order to investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xti
Explorer | Level 4

Well, I´m trying to find out where the problem comes from.

I built a form with Thrive Leads. This form has an upload file field that is linked to my dropbox account. When I make the test inside the thrive form builder it works properly but when the form is in my website and I try to upload a file it doesn´t work and it ads an # to the url.

Walter
Dropboxer

Can you clarify how you linked the upload field to your Dropbox account @xti?

Did you use the Chooser for this? 

If you get the same results on other browsers as well, could you send me a screenshot so that I can have a visual too? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xti
Explorer | Level 4

The link to dropbox is made in the thrivve Leads form builder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p525zkNhGhT34q7Rfq8p1LRHfRfHUEk7/view?usp=sharing

It´s the same in other browser, the upload field not responding.

The thing is I want my comunity to send me pictures with the form and I want these pictures to be sent to my dropbox.

Would this chooser do this?

Walter
Dropboxer

The Chooser is the fastest way to get files from Dropbox into your web app @xti

If you'd like others to upload to your own Dropbox account, you can utilize our File Requests feature.

You can also have a look here for more information. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

xti
Explorer | Level 4

I guess with this  File Requests solution I need to know the adress of the person to upload to my own Dropbox account, but this not the case, I dont have their emails and would be differents persons in the time. Im I wrong?

Walter
Dropboxer

If you go with the manual approach, then yes, you'll need to know the email addresses of the people you'd like to request files from @xti

In case you'd like to streamline the process, you can use our relevant API endpoint instead following the relevant documentation

Keep me posted in case you have any more questions I can help with and happy Friday! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?