cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have issues with the Drobox installation.

I have issues with the Drobox installation.

Barry A Chapman
New member | Level 2

When I upgraded to Dropbox Premium there was a warning message that if I saved all of my data to my Dropbox Account it would no longer be available on my local hard drive.  I want the data on both.  Can it be done?  If so how do I do it?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Re: I have issues with the Drobox installation.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Barry A Chapman, thanks for posting!

Would you mind clarifying which data you're talking about? Did you perhaps enable the computer backup feature? If so, you can find more info about it here.

Other than that, if you have manually moved files to your Dropbox folder to sync them to your account, these files are still on your hard drive, they just went to the Dropbox folder.

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?