cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have limited options when clicking the icon on my desktop versus the web, what can I do?

I have limited options when clicking the icon on my desktop versus the web, what can I do?

Brendab4110
New member | Level 2

When I click on icon on bottom of work computer - Dropbox screen comes up very basic? Showing list of clients we share files with. When I log in via internet - I am able to see a lot more options! Driving me nuts. Help!

1 Reply 1

Re: Icon on computer

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Brendab4110, hope you're having a good day so far!

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with this, I'd be more than happy to help. 

Just to clarify, are you wanting to see the full view of your files on your desktop when you click the Dropbox icon in your system tray? When you click the icon, can you try clicking the small folder icon in the top right of the window to open up the local Dropbox folder on your desktop?

If this isn't what you're looking for, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're currently seeing and let me know a bit more detail about what you'd like to do?

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?