cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have some feedback about the website. Any ideas?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Since I refuse to run Flash™, I really resent that you require Flash™ in order for me to view any videos I have in DropBox.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Flash™

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hopefully Dropbox will implement HTML5 video support soon.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Flash is dead long live HTML5.

When you use HTML5 my friends and I will reinstall Dropbox.

For the moment Dropbox out of the window so hurry with HTML5 if you want to stay alive.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Flash isn't just dead, it's like an evil zombie coming back from the dead to attack unsuspecting living people. The fact that Dropbox, which I generally consider to be pretty modern, is still requiring that, is unconscionable.. shame shame shame.

Turn it off, kill the beast ASAP

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Yep this is ridiculous. It's 2016 and Dropbox expects us to install flash to watch videos on their site - ridiculous. 

Between this and the continued lack of support for Apple's new Photos app, I really wonder how seriously they take their users.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Dropbox is using old and extreemly vulnarable technology such as FLASH.

Flash is dead and spreads viruses.

Use HTML5 for videos instead

I`ve uninstalled Dropbox because they continue to use Flash as a video media, I don`t need viruses thanks.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I would not go so far as to uninstall Dropbox.. it's a great product as a whole, and I still prefer it over all of the alternatives.

Just wish they would put some effort into supporting HTML5 when possible, and only use Flash "if needed"

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I had searched and searched to find out why my videos wouldn't play from Dropbox. Finally found this thread. Dropbox is a great utility, but there are others. I'm just sayin'

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?