cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some issues with using the desktop app lately. Any ideas?

I have some issues with using the desktop app lately. Any ideas?

forumuser453
New member | Level 2

what happened to the easy and efficient utility of Dropbox? Every quick action could be performed through the weblink on the desktop menubar. Now, I can’t even delete files through the weblink or drag files from the desktop to the folder area. I can’t even perform a proper search on the search bar. It seems inevitible that a useful and valuable app would fall victim to needless tampering and confusing modifications. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have some issues with using the desktop app lately. Any ideas?

forumuser453
New member | Level 2

ok, I was wrong about the search feature. It functions properly as intended. The other features now involve an extra step of performing common actions through Finder. Not a radical departure from it's earlier behavior but needlessly confusing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @forumuser453, thanks for checking in with us. 

I'd be more than happy to help, I'll just need a bit more info on this. For example:

• You mention that you're trying to delete files through a weblink. Could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) illustrating this?
  • Could you also provide me with more details as to why you're not able to use the search function? Are you getting any errors?
  • Are you running the stable version of the desktop app by any chance? You can check this by hovering over your Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Any additional info would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

forumuser453
New member | Level 2

ok, I was wrong about the search feature. It functions properly as intended. The other features now involve an extra step of performing common actions through Finder. Not a radical departure from it's earlier behavior but needlessly confusing.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?