cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recents tab missing

I have the "Recents" tab missing - what is happening? Can you help?

aszegedi
Explorer | Level 3

My wife complains that on the iOS app, she now has tabs named "Home", "Files", "Photos", and "Offline". There used to be a "Recents" tab in place of "Home" that has now disappeared.

To make things stranger, on my phone and my Dropbox account, I still have "Recents", "Files", "Photos", and "Offline". Both our app versions are 52.2.2

To make things weirder, she has a "Hide Recents" button in app settings, and I don't. What gives? How can she restore the "Recents" tab in place of the "Home" tab?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

aszegedi wrote:

We might be subjects of an A/B testing instead…

You most likely are. Dropbox loves to test things like this with a small percentage of users first, and the applications are now built in a way that allows them to enable features for a subset of users.

There is no setting that controls this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Sounds like Dropbox may be doing some trials.

On the 'Home' tab on your wife's Dropbox when she goes there does it show you the Recents under that list? Mine does and its about three options down (Notifications, Starred and then Recents).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

aszegedi
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark,

thanks for chiming in.

Yes, the new "Home" tab seems to be a HTML-ish view that does, among other things, have a "Recents" sheet in it, with a "View All >" link that gets her where she'd want to be. Still, it's confusing for her – hitting the "Recents" button in lower left corner was a one-tap gesture on a thumb-sized, fixed-location target (not to mention that the Dropbox app would actually open on Recents tab, so really, zero taps to get there).

She uses Dropbox a lot on mobile for her business productivity, and had a good effective routine for it involing starting from Recents, and it's been made noticeably worse…

Rich
Super User II

aszegedi wrote:

had a good effective routine for it involing starting from Recents, and it's been made noticeably worse…

This is one to file under "you can't please everyone." Sooo many people complained about the Recents feature; that it defaulted to that tab, that there was no way to clear it, that it even existed, period. This was likely Dropbox's way to appease the masses.

Personally, I find it to be a great compromise between what it was originally and not having it at all.

aszegedi
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich,

while I can certainly agree that this falls into "can't please everyone" category, what made me ask for help here is that on my iPhone, there's still a Recents tab and on my wife's iPhone there's no Recents tab anymore even though we have the exact same app version installed (52.2.2), so I was hoping that there might be a tucked away setting somewhere, either in the app or on the website to bring it back. We might be subjects of an A/B testing instead…

Rich
Super User II

aszegedi wrote:

We might be subjects of an A/B testing instead…

You most likely are. Dropbox loves to test things like this with a small percentage of users first, and the applications are now built in a way that allows them to enable features for a subset of users.

There is no setting that controls this.

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Need more support?