cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I reboot.

I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I reboot.

Louis Ranjan
Explorer | Level 3

I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I reboot. I upgraded to Advance and after downgraded and from then the problem is arising. Dropbox support is not giving me good support though I use dropbox Plus paid version. They are continuoisly giving instruction do that do this but it is only lossing time no solution.

I said to acces my computer remotely and solve ths issue insted giving me command as this is lossing days anfter days and I believe dropbox knows the time value of money.

Support says - 
"We are only able to offer remote sessions to Admins of Business Advanced and Enterprise teams." 
As I use paid version I also suould get remote support. 

"I have reinstalled my windows. I Have thrown away my old hard disk and bought a new one. I made a completely new operating system but there is the same issue. This account is linked with my other computer in a different location with different networks that are also having the same issue.  So I am now clear this problem is completely from  dropbox end and its dropboxes technical error."

If dropbox do not have solution of this they can clearly let me know instead of lossing time. As I have read in the forum many of people is suffering with same issue but I didn't anywhere that Dropbox solved the issue. 

4 Replies 4

Re: I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I reboot.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @Louis Ranjan; thanks for using Dropbox and sorry to hear about the issue you've been facing.

Could you provide me with your ticket's ID so I can locate it on our system and pass your comments there so we can have all the relevant information under one place? 

Otherwise, please share with us some additional information on the issue you've having and/or a screenshot of any possible error(s) you might be getting so we can advise further. 

Thanks so much, Louis. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Louis Ranjan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! Walter. Thanks for reply. 

I am actualy tired of using ticket. This is a commom error for the people who upgrated and after downgrated but what I came to know is Dropbox know very well but dropbox is not willing to agree that this is their error from apps that is not supporting after downgrating. 
I already shared my error information to dropbox customer care and after dropbox specilist. 

But I believe the specilist is misguiding me and wasting my time. If you want I can share all the communication with dropbox customer care and specilist here because I this is now 13th day I am suffering without any solution from dropbox end. 

I will also request you please check so many people is suffering this issue and you have so many this case recoreded but you were not able to give solution. Because this is dropbox app error that has no solution to you yet.

So I just need to know my payment is done for July 2021. What should I do. Thank you

Louis Ranjan
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot_1.png

For your ref this is the error 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Louis Ranjan.

If you can provide us the ticket number, we can check the communication you've had with the team from our side so that you don't have to reiterate the info here.

For the error that you're getting, can you click the blue hyperlink at the bottom and paste the full error log in your reply here?

This will give us a much better idea of the issue you're running into here.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?