cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed the app, but when I click the icon it takes me to the File Explorer instead of the app.

I installed the app, but when I click the icon it takes me to the File Explorer instead of the app.

Steve518
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox was working great on my computer.  Then I bought a new computer.  I downloaded and installed the Dropbox program on the new computer.  But when I click on the desktop icon it takes me to file explorer where I can see my drop box documents, not to the Dropbox desktop app like it did on the old computer.  What can you suggest?

4 Replies 4

Re: Trouble installing

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @Steve518, thanks for posting!

When you open the Dropbox folder in the File Explorer, can you right click one of the files/folders there and see if you can choose "View in Dropbox"?

Otherwise, can you go to the General tab in the app preferences and select to open files in the app rather than File Explorer?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I installed the app, but when I click the icon it takes me to the File Explorer instead of the a

Fernanda Castillo
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! download "DropBox for S mode" you can found it in Microsoft Store.

Steve518
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, your suggestion worked.  Everything is back to normal.  Appreciate the community and your taking time to help me

Fernanda Castillo
Explorer | Level 4

You are welcome! I aprecciate your like in my comment!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?