cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just delete my syne computer devide and all syne file on my comp

I just delete my syne computer devide and all syne file on my comp

Setsiri
New member | Level 2

I have dropbox app on my ipad 

i install dropbox on my computer and it have auto setting syne my folder in computer and i and in app i delete my devide computer all my important File on computer gone sorry my eng 

2 Replies 2

Re: I just delete my syne computer devide and all syne file on my comp

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Setsiri

Thanks for reaching out in the Community.

Dropbox syncs files, so if you have your Dropbox account linked to any computers and even share folders, then whatever you do with the files, it syncs those changes across all linked devices and shared folders. 

So, if I understood correctly, you deleted some files on one of your devices, and then you found that they are deleted on the other device, that's the way Dropbox works.  If you don't want it deleted from other linked devices or shared folder, then you either have to put the files outside of Dropbox folder or unlink you account with the device or unshare the shared folder

I hope I made myself clear and understandable

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Re: I just delete my syne computer devide and all syne file on my comp

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Setsiri, thanks for posting to our Community! 

Happy Monday @Chris_J, and thanks for the explanation! 

Can you clarify if you wish to restore your content, or if you're referring to our Computer backup feature maybe? 

Let me know and I'll be happy to help! 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?